Spotted at MacRumors
Since Serato debuted there has been an atomic count down clock for the death of vinyl and traditional turntables. Now there be a legit threat to the popular DJ software in the consumer market.
“With the imminent release of iOS 4.2, at least one developer is going to finally deliver a full featured iPad DJ app. We’ve learned that Algoriddim, the makers of the popular djay application for Mac, has ported djay over to the iPad, taking full advantage of the new iOS 4.2 audio features.
These iOS 4.2-specific are features coming in djay for iPad include:
– Full access to iPod library
– Multi-tasking: you can run djay in Automix mode and listen to a continuous, seamless mix running in the background while you surf the web, play games, etc.
– AirPlay: you can wirelessly stream your mix to your Apple TV or AirPort Express station in real-time.
– Fully leverages accelerated CPU extensions (SSE-like) for high-quality audio processing and analysis
– Very low latency (< 3 msec)
– Background audio playback (multi-tasking support)
– Pre-Cueing (via mono/stereo adapter)
The following exclusive video shows the iPad app in action:
We’ll be getting some DJs to test this out to see if it’s the real deal or another bad toy. Hit us with your thoughts on Twitter @Nodfactor @JLBarrow